Spectrum News 1
Read the full article.
CINCINNATI – When Susan and Michael Jorgensen bought a rambling, older house in Cincinnati’s College Hill neighborhood last year, they knew it might bring a few challenges. After all, the home was built in 1913, and along with its historic charm, came the burdens of age.
What the Jorgensens didn’t expect, however, was learning their water line was made from lead. A toxic metal, experts say lead can have devastating effects on a person's health if they drink it over an extended period.
Susan Jorgensen said she had no idea their home had a lead service line. She said that it might have been listed in real estate documentation, but it wasn't something they were aware of.
Comments are closed.
Have a suggestion for an article or blog to add?
Let us know!